Mike Eggleston

Mike Eggleston Bio

January 2010

I was born in Saint Paul, Minnesota where I graduated from Cretin High School in 1956. After graduation from Cretin, I attended Saint Thomas College for one year before entering the US Military Academy at West Point, New York, where I graduated 1961. I was commissioned in the Army and retired in 1986.  Highlights of my Army service included two tours of duty in Vietnam, assignments to Europe, Pentagon, White House and other Stateside assignments. When I retired from the Army, I went to work for an engineering firm in Northern Virginia retiring from my job as a Senior Director in 2006. I have since studied at Northern Virginia Community College and I am currently enrolled in George Mason University pursuing a Master of Arts degree in U.S. History. My other degrees are Bachelor of Science from the U.S Military Academy and Master of Science from the University of Colorado. My goal is to write U.S. military history and publish a Civil War Regimental History that I am working on.

I met my wife Margaret at West Point where I was assigned to the Staff and Faculty between Vietnam tours. We were married at Newburgh, New York after I returned from Vietnam. We have four great children: Mac and Connor graduated from Virginia Tech and are doing very well in engineering firms in Northern Virginia. Connor is pursuing his PhD at Catholic University on a part time basis. Meaghan graduated from William & Mary and is a bank manager in Richmond. Patrick graduated from the Virginia Military Institute and is doing well. He is a lieutenant in the Virginia National Guard. We have been very fortunate. Margaret and I do volunteer work, travel and are usually planning our next trip. Running is a family pastime. Margaret, Connor, and I ran the Marine Corps Marathon a few years ago. Margaret said one is enough, but Connor and I still compete. – Mike Eggleston, 14011 Hunter Hill Lane, Nokesville, VA 20181. 703-754-1856, megglest@gmu.edu/ maeggleston@comcast.net.